Finally, the 1903 update of Windows 10 has gone out of the testing environment and is available to all users. The release promises to end the inconvenience of automatic updates and received special treatment from Microsoft, which aroused public distrust with the troubled arrival of the 1803 update, responsible for the disappearance of various personal files and instabilities in the performance of many machines last year.
With the guarantee of this extended period of testing, the new operating system build should provide overall system improvements and new features without compromising computer performance. If you are one of those eager to learn about system changes, see how to manually install the Windows 98 update 1903 on your PC.
How to find the installer
- Access the Microsoft website, download the official update tool (Update Assistant) and run the software on your PC;
- Click “Update Now” and your machine will be quickly evaluated to receive the update; then click “Next” or wait 10 seconds;
- Wait for the download to finish (you can usually use the PC during the process) and install the update.
Updated with the Media Creation Tool
- With the Media Creation Tool, found on the same Microsoft page, you can upgrade the machine using a flash drive or other device; then download the program and run it on your computer;
- Read and accept the terms of Windows;
- Proceed with the installation by selecting “Update this computer now”.
If the installation is on another PC, select the second option (“Create installation media”). Choose the language, edition, and architecture of the operating system, and finally download the Windows ISO or adapt a USB device.
Remember that the computer will be formatted and needs at least 4 GB of free storage.
Because it was recently released to the public, it is possible that there are still some issues with the upgrade; In addition, incompatibilities may occur with some programs adapted to the previous version.