Normally you should not have any problem using the NordVPN application. However, there are cases in which you can experience difficulties connecting to the servers.
It is usually related to a problem with your account, with the configuration of the application or even with the same server. It is advisable that before entering into more complex solutions try to find out where the problem lies.
- Try connecting to a few different servers. If you can not connect to any, try the NordVPN application on a different device. Such as your phone. If the connection works correctly, the problem is with the initial equipment you used.
- If you still can not connect, the problem could be your network or a problem with your NordVPN account.
- Another quick solution if you can not access another device is to exit your account (within the application) and then log back in.
- Is it still not working? Uninstall the application, re-install it and sign in again. If even this does not work, temporarily disable the antivirus and / or firewall on your PC or laptop. Then see if this was what was blocking the connection.
- Finally, you can select a different connection method within the application to see if that makes it different. The connection options will vary depending on the device you are using. But if you go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Show advanced settings’, you will find the title ‘Protocol’. Choose a different one to the one currently selected and try to connect again.
If none of this has worked, then follow the steps that we propose below.
Step 1. Account configuration
Log in to your NordVPN account. Make sure the status of your account is ‘Active’. And that the last payment was successful.
If you can verify and see that the account is active and that the last payment was made correctly, then you can be sure that it is not an account problem.
On the other hand, if you can not verify it, then we recommend you to contact the customer service and resolve it. If you need to subscribe again, click here.
Recommended: How to install a VPN on Mac
Step 2. Application configuration
Open the Windows application and click on ‘Settings’ at the top. Scroll down and click on ‘Show advanced settings’.
Scroll down again and click on ‘Run diagnostic tool’. A new window will open in which you will have to click on ‘Restore application’.
This will restore all the default settings. Try connecting to one of the NordVPN servers again.
Step 3. Control panel Network configuration
If this does not work, try deactivating and reactivating the NordVPN network adapter. To do this, open the ‘Control Panel’.
Go to ‘Network and Internet> Center for networks and shared resources> Change adapter settings’.
You will see a list of all network adapters, including virtual adapters. Such as the Windows TAP adapter NordVPN.
Right-click and choose ‘Deactivate’. After a few seconds, you can double-click on the deactivated adapter to reactivate it. Now you can try connecting to a server again.
Step 4. Command
If the ‘turn on and turn’ trick does not work, you can run some commands to reset the Windows network settings.
In the ‘Start’ menu, look for the ‘Run’ application. Then in the text box write ‘cmd’ and press ‘Enter’. In Windows 10 you can type ‘cmd’ in the search box or PowerShell. Both will have the same effect.
Now write the following commands successively, by pressing ‘Enter’ after each of them. If you are asked to restart the computer, continue entering the commands and reboot after all have been executed.
ipconfig / release
ipconfig / flushdns
ipconfig / renew
netsh winsock reset
netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
Restart your computer and hopefully your connection problems with NordVPN will be a thing of the past.
Also Read: How to convert a PDF to Word format for free