Smartphones have become our best friends, in our agenda. They are the device to communicate with friends and a way to pass the time. There is a brand that is simply the first in the world and a device. That of course is the iPhone. It gives more order and simplicity to its users.
There are many reasons why you might need to reset an iPhone to its factory state. Either because you’re going to sell it. Or because you simply want to erase all the information and start from scratch.
However, one thing is very important to keep in mind. It’s that when restoring the phone with the factory parameters, all the information, all the settings that you have made in your device will be deleted. And the most recent version of iOS will be installed.
Prepare your device for the process
The most important thing is that you can make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or on your PC. In case you do not have access to a computer and the smartphone still works perfectly. You can start with the process of deleting and restoring the device. And you can do this without the need of a computer. However, it is always advisable to do it with iTunes to avoid losing information.
If you want to keep your information and important data from your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you should make a backup copy. For this it is enough to follow some steps that we give you below:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to My Name, this is the name that the device has.
- Choose the device you want to delete. You should look for the option “Find my iPhone” and you must deactivate it.
- Go back and go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Delete contents and settings
- In case the device does not respond or does not turn on, you should look for information about it or help a professional.
- In case you do not remember the code, you will have to press to get help.
* All these steps are under your responsibility, we can not take care of unexpected errors.
Step by step to restore the device to the factory settings
Before starting the process, you must open the iTunes program on your computer. If you can not access a computer and the device has a good performance, you can delete. And you must restore the device without needing one.
However, we recommend that you do it with the help of a Mac or PC.
- The first thing you should do is connect your Apple device to the computer with the cable that comes with the device. It is possible that you can get the message “You trust the computer” and you must place the device code. In case the message appears or asks you for the code, all you have to do is follow the steps indicated by the system. In case you do not remember the code, you must click on “Get Help”.
- Then you must select your iPhone, iPod or iPad when it is reflected in iTunes. In case the device does not appear in iTunes, you should get help. In the panel where “Summary” is indicated, you must click on “Restore”.
- Next, you must click again on “Restore” to confirm the process. In this step, iTunes will erase your device and install the latest iOS software. This process may take a while. It will depend on the amount of information you have on the device and your internet connection.
- After having restored the device to the factory settings, it will be restarted. You can configure it as if it were a new device. This is a process that you should do with a lot of attention. And making sure that we have protected in iCloud or on the computer all the information that we do not want to lose. For instance, notes, photos, videos and important messages .
* All these steps are under your responsibility. We can not take care of unexpected errors.
Keep in mind that this is a process that has no turning back. Also that you should be completely sure that is what you want to do.
In the Apple Store you can ask the technicians for help in this process in case you do not know how to do it. Or that you are not very skilled with the technological devices. The best thing is to make sure that the device is in good hands and your valuable information is protected.