Activate the Siri virtual assistant on your Mac and interact with voice commands, without the need to click, or even touch your computer.
We explain how to activate Hey Siri on your Mac so that you have the full functions of this useful assistant.
To start I suggest you upgrade your operating system to macOS Mojave. To do so, go to Update Now. macOS Mojave has all the new features that make this virtual assistant a great experience.
If you already have macOS Mojave I suggest you update the software . It is advisable to have the software updated and Apple is permanently improving stability, performance and security of your Mac.
It is important to clarify that “Hey Siri” is available only on the following Mac computers:
- MacBook Pro (15 inches, 2018 and 13 inches, 2018, four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13 inches, 2018)
- iMac Pro
How to activate “Siri” on your Mac
- Go to the apple menu and choose System Preferences
- Select Siri’s Preferences Panel
- Select the listen button “Hey Siri”
- Click on “Continue” to start the configuration process
- Follow the verbal configuration instructions by repeating commands that are displayed on the screen.
Ready, with this configuration you can use your Mac just as an iPad or iPhone does. This voice command is able to provide assistance with the following commands:
- “Show me the PDFs of the Downloads folder”.
- “How much space do I have on my Mac?”
- “Play the 40 best jazz songs.”
- “How’s the weather in Lake Tahoe?”
- “Look for posts on Twitter by José Bautista.”
- “Search the Internet for images of the Eiffel Tower.”
- “Show me all the files I shared with Cecilia last week.”
- “FaceTime with Victoria”.
- “Add Laura to my 10:00 meeting.”
- “Show me my photos yesterday”.
- “What time is it in Monterrey, Mexico?”
- “Where is a cafe nearby?”