QR codes can be used for many things, for links to a web page, tickets and coupons for purchases, to add a new contact in an application such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Spotify, etc., among other things, and if you you’re asking how to scan QR code on iPhone or any iOS device , today I’m here to explain it, it’s very easy.
Apple has created the function through the application of the camera for the recognition of QR codes, which means that all you have to do to scan the QR code with your phone is open the rear camera and point to the code in question. In the same way, this is the process that you must do step by step to scan any QR code, take note!
Scan QR code with an iOS device
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then hold your device and aim with the back camera and scan the QR code as if you were going to take a picture and try to get the picture completely on the screen of your device.
- You do not need to click on the “take” button, your iOS device will automatically recognize the code and will automatically redirect you to the url’s website, add the new contact or even download an app, depending on the option added to the QR code .
It may be necessary to zoom in so that the camera of your device can better recognize the QR code or bring your mobile closer so that the box fits on the screen.
It is important to mention that when your device recognizes the QR code you will get a notification on your screen in just seconds promoting the information that is within this QR code, if it is a website, by clicking this, you will be immediately redirected to the site, normally inside the Safari browser or the one you have as default.
On the other hand, it is important to mention that the recognition of QR codes on iOS devices is compatible from the operating system iOS 11 and above.
How to scan WhatsApp QR code on the iPhone
The QR code of WhatsApp works only when you want to log in to WhatsApp Web from your computer. All you have to do to be able to use WhatsApp Web is the following:
- First of all, you must have the WhatsApp application downloaded to your mobile device.
- Then enter web.whatsapp.com from your computer’s browser.
- Upon entering, you will immediately see the QR code, then go to your device, open the camera application and point to this QR code.
- And ready, in just seconds you will have enabled WhatsApp Web and you can start talking with your contacts from your computer.
Remember to have a signal or at least WiFi on your device, otherwise, you can not synchronize your phone with the WhatsApp Web.
Recommended: How to unlock an iPhone without knowing the password
How to scan the QR code of Facebook Messenger and add a new contact
In the case of Facebook the QR code works to add a new contact or friend to your list so that they can send messages, make video calls, send a voice note, etc. Your friend’s QR code can be found in his profile image in the Messenger application.
You can realize that the profile picture is round and surrounded by blue dots and lines, this is the QR code and your friend will have to leave the photo pressed to open the code and finally add your new contact. This is what you should do step by step:
- Open Facebook Messenger and then click on the People button.
- Press the Scan Code option.
- Bring the Messenger camera closer to your friend’s device so your device can scan the QR code.
- Aim well and let the circle of the profile picture completely enter the circle that appears on your screen.
- And that’s it, in seconds your new contact will appear in the list.
How to scan Spotify QR code with your iOS device
Finally, in the case of Spotify, sharing music with your friends has never been so easy, because with the QR code you can do it. Spotify is a streaming music application that lets you share songs, playslist and “Now playing” with your friends through social networks or instant messaging applications.
The only disadvantage of this is that you have to leave the Spotify app to share a song, within the same app you can not. In this way you can share it with your friends:
- Before sharing any song or playslist on Spotify, make sure your app is up to date.
- Then open Spotify and find the music you want to share and then click on the three-point button located next to the name of the artist or band, there you will be entering the options of the song. You will see the options to save, add to playlist, etc.
- The QR code can be found right on the button that is below the image of the album where the Spotify icon appears and some vertical lines.
- Press it and your friend can scan the code.
- And ready!
Also Read: How to recover your blocked Apple ID