The iPad is a very good productivity tool. Although the discussion whether it replaces or not is still in the go. A keyboard is an essential tool to be able to work.
Do physical keyboards work well on the iPad?
The main answer is yes. They work very well. Since iOS is totally compatible with the physical keyboards. You can even choose the language and design of the keyboard you are connecting.
Some of the advantages of starting to use a physical keyboard for your iOS are:
- The keyboard of the screen moves downwards. It leaves the entire screen for the application you are using. So you can advantage of the entire screen of your device.
- Keyboard shortcuts, the device itself can be controlled practically from the keyboard. Because it has as many Mac shortcuts to have full control. Plus the vast majority of applications have support.
Recommended: How to activate the dark mode of Mac automatically
How to connect a Bluetooth keyboard?
The most common type of keyboard is possible. Because the portability and the easy to connect become a very good option.
The pairing process for a keyboard varies from model. But in iOS, you’ll find the keyboard in settings and Bluetooth. You just have to put the keyboard in synchronization mode and wait for the name of the keyboard to appear on your iOS device. Press connect and go. From now on the device will connect to the keyboard every time you turn on the keyboard.
Keyboard with USB input
Properly you can not connect the keyboard with USB output. But with an Apple adapter, Lightning to usb. When you connect the adapter and keyboard and iOS ready you will immediately recognize the keyboard and you can start typing.
Keyboard with smart connector
It is the easiest way to connect a physical keyboard to the iPad. There are several keyboards in the market that are connected by the smart connector. The main advantage of this method of connection is the simplicity is enough to put the keyboard in the port and go.
But it also has some disadvantages to consider:
- It will only be compatible with the iPad. Unlike the other keyboard, which can be used on more devices. This is exclusive for the Pro range.
- The cost is certainly higher than the other keyboard mentioned.
- The keyboard can not take distance.
Also Read: How to recover your Apple ID using iForgot