Apple is always innovating in terms of tools and operation of their iPhone devices. But there is one aspect that has not changed and is still used today. It is the PIN code used to unlock the SIM card. This has a very useful function in our phone, that is, to keep it safe.
This PIN code tends to be used very rarely. Since it is usually needed in rare cases in which the phone is constantly restarted. That is why there is a possibility that the original PIN is forgotten. To prevent this from happening in this article we will explain how you can change iPhone PIN.
Reasons to change iPhone PIN
Making changes to the PIN of the mobile device is very important to maintain the security of the same. And even protect the information we have stored. The most indicated is that the PIN code is changed at the time of buying the phone and every so often so as not to forget. It is recommended to change the iPhone PIN once a year. So you will be sure that if you need it, you have not forgotten it and you can enter it without any inconvenience.
Recommended: EPublibre: How to get free ePub on your iPad
Steps to follow to change iPhone PIN
- If you want to change the SIM card PIN of your iPhone because there is a possibility that you forget it, the first step to follow is to enter “Settings”. You can identify it because it has a gear shape. There you will access the settings panel of the device. If you can not find the icon, you can slide the screen. And in the search bar write the word settings.
- When you enter “Settings” you will find a long list of options. What you must do is swipe the screen down and find the option “Phone”. This is represented by the symbol of a green phone. Enter that option so that you can access the function that will allow you to change the PIN of the iPhone.
- Then you must locate the option that says “SIM PIN” and press it. When you enter you will find the “Change PIN” function in blue. There you must press to subsequently enter some new digits with which you can block the SIM of your device now onwards.
- When you enter ” Change PIN ” you will automatically see a new screen in which you must put your current PIN number first. When you enter the digits press “Ok”. Then you must place the digits of your new PIN twice. The following is press “Save”.
- Following the previous steps, you will be able to successfully change the iPhone PIN. And you should not worry about forgetting it if you need it.
Keep the original PIN code number
There is an important aspect to keep in mind before changing the PIN of the SIM. It is that the original PIN code that is written on the card that your operator gave you, is no longer valid. And if you lose the card you will not be able to change your PIN if you forgot the current one. Since to make modifications to the digits you must enter as indicated, the original PIN code number.
Choose the PIN wisely
The new PIN of your phone must contain four digits that you can easily remember. But it should not be four consecutive numbers or repeat four times the same number. Because in case someone wants to access your phone these types of codes are the most used to try to unlock the SIM.
As you can see, changing the PIN of the iPhone is a fairly simple and fast process. Besides the mentioned steps are valid for any model of iPhone, serving to avoid any kind of inconvenience.