Today we bring you a tutorial to make a backup copy of the Apple Watch. Mainly because most of the users do not know how to do this process. And those of the bitten apple, they also do not clarify how backup should be done. So if you own an Apple Watch, do not miss the steps to back up your smart watch.
Backing up your smart watch will be very useful. Especially if you are interested in keeping your iPhone updated. In addition, it is important to consider that the iPhone automatically makes a backup of our Apple Watch. Although it is not very clear how often it is done. So do not miss the steps that you will have to follow, to make a backup of your Apple Watch.
How to backup your Apple Watch?
The first thing we have to do before making the backup, is to place the Apple Watch and be within the scope of the Bluetooth of our iPhone.
1. Open the Watch application on the iPhone. And go to General, Reset, Delete content and settings.
Enter the password of your Apple ID to disable the option “Find my watch”. In case you have an Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE, you will have to choose if you want to keep or delete the cellular plan. As a suggestion, select “keep it” if you are only updating the iPhone. And “delete it”, if you are getting rid of your smart watch, for example.
3. Wait to completely disable the Apple Watch from your iPhone. Then wait for the welcome screen to appear.
4. Once the welcome screen appears on your Apple Watch, it means that your smart watch is fully backed up on your iPhone.
5. Verify that the backup was made, in Settings, General, iPhone Storage, View and in documents and information. You should see the name of your Apple Watch, along with the date of the last backup.
6. We suggest you make a backup of your iPhone in iCloud, in order to keep the backup copy of Apple Watch. This will be important when you want to update or delete your iPhone. To make the copy, go to Settings. Select at the top your Apple ID card. Go to iCloud, activate the Backup box in iCloud and click on backup now. Remember that if you delete your iPhone without making a backup, you will lose the backup of your Apple Watch. Since the iPhone stores the backup and only it synchronizes in iCloud when your iPhone goes back.
This process may seem a bit awkward, but for the moment. It is the only way we have to make a backup of our Apple Watch. So we suggest you have at least one hour to do it. The time is going to vary according to the model of smart watch you have.
Although, most users do not need to perform this process frequently, it will be necessary when you update or change iPhone for any reason. So we hope that in the future, Cupertino will offer us the possibility of a much simpler support and everything automatically.