Whether you are watching a movie or browsing aimlessly, there are certain moments that you like to capture and keep with you. This is when the screenshot feature comes in. This feature enables you to capture an image of whatever the laptop screen is displaying at the moment and save it in your laptop either as a memory or as a piece of information for later use. In this article, you’ll get to know how to effectively take a screenshot as well as some other related features that could be implemented on it. We will be using Lightshot in this tutorial for more ease of use and options in taking a screenshot, download the Software for windows and mac from the link below. For the installation please follow the on screen instructions after you open the Setup of downloaded file.
Taking a Screenshot
At any moment when you want to capture the image displayed on the screen, press the PrintScreen button which the keypad usually has in the top most row of keys on the right side. That key will have PrtSc written on it.
Also Read: How to Upload a Video on Youtube
Selecting the Area to Screenshot
Doing this will turn the screen darker. The cursor will have Select Area written under it. Click and drag the cursor to select as much part of the screen as you want to be kept as a screenshot.
Applying Features on the Screenshot
As soon as you select the required part of the screen to be shot, You’ll find a vertical and a horizontal set of features on the right side of the selected area. You can apply these features on the screenshot before saving it in your laptop.
Recommended: How to Download and install Android Emulators For PC
Vertical set of features
In the vertical set of features, you have the following options:
- You may use the pen to put any sign on the screenshot or to encircle some part of it.
- Using this option, you can make a line on the screenshot.
- Put an arrow to point towards something in the screenshot.
- A rectangle can be made in the screenshot to put boundaries around something to make it the focus.
- Marker is used to highlight something in the screenshot.
- Using this option, any text can be written on the screenshot.
- Here, you can choose a color or even custom a color for all the above options.
- You can Undo any recent alteration that you’ve made on the screenshot. The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Z can be used for the same job.
- So, once you’ve given the screenshot all the touches of your choice. You may come the horizontal set of options to decide what you want to do with the screenshot.
Horizontal set of Features
In the horizontal set, you’ll find the following features:
- By clicking on this feature, you can upload the screenshot image to prntscr.com.
- You can share the image on social networks. Clicking on this feature will provide you options of the following social networks on which you can share the image:
- This option allows you to search similar images by clicking on this feature or else by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+G for the same purpose.
- You have the option of taking print of the screenshot by using this option. Avail the same feature by pressing Ctrl+P.
- After that, you can copy the screenshot to paste somewhere. Also, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C to do the same job.
- Here you can save the screenshot to your laptop by clicking on it or by pressing Ctrl+S.
- If you do not want to do anything with that screenshot then close it by this option or else press Ctrl+X for the same purpose.