For some time, iPhone users have had the need to be able to schedule the automatic sending of text messages or iMessage on the iPhone .
Until now this was not possible, but fortunately today there are several options to schedule sending text messages at a certain time.
Among other ways it is possible to do it using the shortcuts application.
This handy trick for sending delayed messages works for both text messages and text messages (SMS).
And it is useful for many obvious situations, whether you want to schedule a sending of messages from an iPhone in a few minutes, hours or days.
How to schedule the sending of messages from iPhone with shortcuts
Steps to do it:
- Download the application of Apple shortcuts on the iPhone if you have not already done so, it’s free on the App Store
- Now get the shortcut “Delayed Time iMessage” from SiriShortcutsGallery here and install it on the iPhone
- Confirm that you want to install the shortcut by selecting “Get direct access” (optionally, you can review the shortcut actions if you wish)
- Run the shortcut “Delayed Time iMessage” in the Shortcuts application, then select the contact phone number
- Next, enter the message you want to schedule
- Choose when you want to send the programmed message from iPhone
- Let the Shortcuts application run in the background of the iPhone and the message will be sent at the scheduled time.
It is important to leave the shortcuts running on the iPhone. Otherwise, the shortcut to schedule the sending of deferred text messages will not work.
This is obviously an alternative solution, since there is no native support for the Messages application to schedule the sending of text messages.
To get the best results, do not try to program the messages too far in the future.
It is better to aim for the near future in general, since it is more likely to work as planned.
The Shortcuts application is more likely to run in the background if you recently used it.
The Reminders application can be used simply to remind you to send messages to the desired time, it is very common to use it to schedule the sending of a text message from an iPhone.
You can even do that with Siri by telling her to remind you of what you are seeing on the screen. Which is useful if you are actively participating in a message conversation with someone whom you later want to remember to send a message.
Maybe one day there will be a native message programming function, but until then shortcuts can be the best option for iPhone users who want to send a message at a certain time.