Today we are going to explain how to pass contacts from iPhone to Android. Buying a new terminal is always a source of joy for anyone. However, for users with basic knowledge in this regard can be very cumbersome. Because they fear losing all the important information stored. This is due to the fact that migrating all the information stored, including personal data, is one of the main concerns of the users of smart mobile phones when they change their device.
But this concern increases when the devices are different operating systems. Usually iOS and Android are the most used, being the best known and used today. In order to facilitate the passage of contacts from iPhone to Android, it does not become a great inconvenience. There are mechanisms to achieve it without much difficulty.
Although these two operating systems work in a totally different way. Thanks to the existence of these mechanisms this task will be much simpler than you imagine. What may be a bit tedious is that in almost all methods you will have to use VFC or vCard which is a standard file format. These are usually attached in instant messaging applications or in E-mails.
Next we will explain the different ways so that you can pass contacts from iPhone to Android easily.
Methods to pass contacts from iPhone to Android
First method: iCloud
The first way you can use to pass contacts from iPhone to Android is using the Apple cloud storage system, to do so you must follow these steps:
- Login to icloud.com from your computer.
- Select which are the contacts that you want to export, you can choose one by one or pass them all, pressing “Select all”.
- Click on the configuration gear and select “Export vCard”, then your computer will download a VCF file where all the selected contacts are located.
- Connect your Android device to the computer, copy the VCF file to the local storage and import the contacts, the contacts application allows you to add contacts from different sources, once you have saved the contacts on the SD card, select “Import from storage source” .
Second method: Using an application
There are two applications that can be useful in this case and with which you will not need to use your computer, we will explain how to follow the procedure in one of the most used My Contacts Backup, you must do the following:
- Download and install the My Contacts Backup application on your iPhone.
- When the application asks you for access to your contacts press “Ok”.
- Press the Backup option.
- Press where it says email.
- Attach the VCF file to an email and send it to your Gmail account.
- Open your email on the Android device, open the VCF file and download it, then import your contacts to your device.
In this option you can also pass contacts from iPhone to Android by selecting one by one, but you can also select your complete contact list in the “Add All Contacts” option.
Third method: Import in Gmail
There is the possibility of passing contacts from iPhone to Android using Gmail and it is really very simple:
- Use all the steps explained in the number 1 method of iCloud.
- Once you follow all these steps, log into your Google account.
- Click on the Gmail achievement that will be in the upper left corner of the interface.
- In the menu press “More” in contacts and select import.
- Again click on “Import”, the contacts will be synchronized automatically with your new Android device synchronized with your Gmail account.
Fourth method: Export contacts with iTunes to Gmail
In case your iPhone uses iOS 4.x or lower, the above methods are not useful because the recommended application does not work with this version of the operating system and can not be synchronized with iCloud, in these cases the best method is to use iTunes, You do not have to worry because it’s easy to do:
- Download and install iTunes on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone device to your computer.
- Open the page with the summary of activities on your phone.
- Press the “Information” tab.
- Review “Select contacts with” and then choose “Google Contacts.”
- Enter the username and password of your Google account.
- Press “Apply.”
- Make sure your Android device is synchronized with a Gmail account.
- Allow Google to synchronize your contacts with your Android phone.
Fifth method: Do it manually
- If you only want to move some contacts in specific you can use the option “Share contact” or “Share Contact”.
- Open the contacts and select the one you want to store.
- At the bottom you will find the option “Share contact” that will allow you to send it through a text message or email.
- If you want to pass contacts from iPhone to Android and exceed ten contacts, this is not the best option, it is best that you choose any of the above.
Also Read: How to force the restart of the iPad Pro